Monday, December 06, 2010

Not Enough Exercise ... Or The Wrong Kinds of Food?

RJohnson said...
@Cheir:

    Your friend is not morbidly obese because she's not a vegetarian. She's morbidly obese because she eats too much and probably doesn't exercise. Moderation is always the key with anything.

However, its about what you value and what's important to you. How much "life" will you be enjoying at 65?

I will admit that eating healthy will slow down aging, but it does not prevent it. There are plenty of healthy eaters with cancer and other diseases. Just saying, if I had a choice between enjoying certain foods now and being sick when I get old and can't do too much anyway vs depriving myself certain things for the sake of eating healthy and being healthy when I'm old and still can't do too much anyway, I choose the former.  
Cheir Harmonie said...
ROFL, She just called me while I was reading your comment RJ. She was talking about a recipe for oreo cookie cheesecake truffles she's making. Yuck! If she ate in moderation and exercised she would still be unhealthy because of her food choices.

    You said "There are plenty of healthy eaters with cancer and other diseases." Of course there are because diet alone will not create health. Lifestyle, attitude and environment are huge contributors as well. I believe a persons mental health has more of an effect on their physical health than anything else.

    BTW, I've been craving a rib eye with horseradish since I read your post. Factory farming, growth hormones, disease and overall lack of quality in meat production is why I stopped eating meat. As for processed foods, that is a no brainer.

No comments: