Monday, December 24, 2007

Denmark Vesey Best Poet Alive Award 2007 - Lil Wayne Is Hip Hop's Paramhansa Yogananda


Stop hatin on a Nigga that is a weak emotion
the lady of a Nigga
And You can get TIPPED like you waitin on a Nigga
Put a body bag in the apron on a Nigga
I give my all behind the mic
But you could never see if you sit behind the light
You don't have to pick me
To win the title fight
But I'm gonna WEAR THE championship belt so tight
And if I'm wrong there is no right
And if I'm wrong there is SNOW WHITE
I'm triin to be polite
But you bitches in my hair like the fuckin po-lice
My flow is rare
There's other rappers nice
These other rappers bark
Some other even bite
But I'm much more bright
I give the game sight
So before you dim the light
You just might might wanna

"think it over, think it over, ooo think it over baby"
Stop
Stop analyzing
Criticizing
You should realize
What I am is 'n start epitomizing
Confident
got the heart of the biggest lion
Confident like Fuck em all
Pull out MY Dick and ride it
My flow sick so sick its like my shit is dyin'
It rains a lot in my city
Cuz my city's cry's'
'cuz my cities dyin''
But I emerge from all of that
I am a livin' pioneer
Zion
Fear god not them
Steer my robbin'' coupe through the streets of the BOOT (NEW ORLANS HAS SHAPE OF A BOOT)
AND SOOWOOP!
Then I leave a tub in the booth
I leave a blood bath
Sorry there's a tub in the booth
Now where the drugs at
Like the strings on the shoe
No ***** **** that
I'm twisted like the strings on a boot
Where new Orleans at?
I FEEL hip hop store me like a bus pass
So in your possession
I must ask

"hey haven't I been good to you tell me haven't I been sweet to you"

Drag my name through the mud
I come out clean
Cast away stones
I wont even blink
A gun is not a math problem
I wont even think
Just leave your dead like the mink under my sink
don't believe in me
don't believe me
I graduated from hungry
And made it to greedy
My flow is like pasta
Take it and eat it
But I'm gonna need cheese if I'm makin'
LASAGNE (HE SAYS LAGZINI)
You niggas want beef
I want a steak and a weevy
Lost in Amsterdam but Jamaica where we be
Hard body ***** takin' it easy
All about my paper bout my paper like EZ
Why do rappers why do rappers LIE TO fans LIE a rappers lot a rappers lie like ACTORS
Cut the mutha fuckin camera
Cut the check
FUCK your props
I am hip hop
And I aint Dead. I'm Alive

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess you've never heard of...

Slick Rick, Kool G Rap, Mobb Deep, GZA, RZA, Ghostface Killah, Method Man, Inspectah Deck, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Nas, Papoose, Pharoah Monch, Outkast, Big Pun, Canibus, Biggie, 2pac, Common, Cypress Hill, Diamond D, Gangstarr, (OLD)Fat Joe, Freddie Foxx, Raekwon, (OLD)Snoop Dogg. Big Daddy Kane, and let's not forget Rakim...


You probably don't even know who Big L is...


man DV...its not that people hate hip hop...its that they hate bad music...

Denmark Vesey said...

Nah Grasshopper,

You going to have to do better than parroting the standard list of rap greats. Anybody with a subscription to Vibe can make your argument.

But later for all of this debating. You know a cat better deserving of "Best Poet Alive Award" - send a link.

Let him speak for himself.

By the way. In 95, the CEO of Flamboyant Entertainment graced the mic at my spot on Houston - Flow The Live Demo - more than once.

Anonymous said...


He's
better than Lil Wayne

Anonymous said...

smart. not brilliant. entertaining but not particularly thought provoking.

i actually liked his very first album more than any that followed. I had high expectations that were eventaully put to bed.


-jasai

Anonymous said...

Peeped that Lupe Fiasco. I agree. Like crisp fresh air. that "Dumb it Down" is Right Now.


-jasai

Anonymous said...

DV you are just trying to get rise out of people and nothing more...

I remember listening to the last Nas album there were songs on there you had to listen to like 5 times to fully grasp......name one "lil' wayne" song that has that level of depth to it


Thats why Jay Z is building skyscrapers....and lil wayne is putting platinum teeth in his mouth and rim on his truck...

Rappers like Jay Z have even excused the ignorance of their music

"Truthfully, I wanna rhyme like Common Sense, but I did five mil, I ain't been rhymin' like Common since."

See Jay Z INTENTIONALLY dumbs down his music to sell more records..

The Lil Wayne's and T.I.'s of the world are well.......just dumb...not to mention ignorant southerners

Denmark Vesey said...

Yeah,

I hear TG. And I read you. And I can tell by the way you write, you wouldn't know good poetry if it was tattoo'd across your forehead.

It's real fashionable to jump on Jay-Z's jock know that he is insanely rich and involved in corporate sanctioned (Massa approved) business deals.

As if because you "like" Jay and Nas you are suddenly qualified to dismiss a talented young artist who has achieved phenomenal critical and commericial success marketing his art.

Your inability to distinguish the artist from his art is evidence of his artistic success.

Which is the inside joke of the Curtis Jackson's and the Dwayne Michael Carter Jr's who have learned to monetize your disconnect.

Brilliant. And Fitting.

Anonymous said...

It has nothing to do with money really....I just threw that since thats what you focus on...

Lil Wayne is just an ignorant southern rapper...nothing more...

Cats like you DV are fucked up unless black folks are out selling drugs TO SINGLE BLACK MOTHERS and KILLING OTHER BLACK PEOPLE....they're rollin' with whitey...

I know a cat like you he tried to tell me MLK and Malcolm X were the white man's bitch......because they wore a suit and tie........in his words the white man's clothes...

What is your answer to so many black people in prison DV? What are your thoughts on black people...KILLING black people


Yea I changed subjects a bit, but DV you're a part of the problem

When young black men sell crack to single black women..cats like you think its cool...when black men like T.I. buy assault rifles to kill other black men....you applaud this

When all of us are strung out on drugs and dead....I hope you're still applauding

Anonymous said...

"involved in corporate sanctioned (Massa approved) business deals."

So when a black man starts a fashion line or opens a hotel.....he's not black anymore


Then tell me DV...what is decent way for a black man to earn a living....honestly


It's not that I can't tell the artist from his art, its that your average kid can't...as a result winds up running around selling drugs, thinking shit is cool to do...

I was just at the barber shop and we were trying to help one of these kids...He makes 4500 a week selling drugs, we asked him about his plans and he told us he wants to drink liquor and fuck hos for the rest of his life

But I guess you support this kind of thing...after all if didn't wanna sell drugs, and find a better way to earn money...he would be acting white


DV you have to many contradictions, its like one month you're a decent guy, next month you're on some 'ignant' hood nigga logic

Anonymous said...

I am the anonymous that posted the Lupe link. In my opinion the term best poet is relative. I don't/can't deny Lil Wayne's talent, but in my eyes he has not reach his potential (chakra). In 2007 the subject of his raps isn't different from when he first started in 1996. He has precisely followed,(and perfected) the "hip hop blue print" and has not deviated from it. When I equate poetry to rap, I think of artist that have an "Aesop-esque" style (i.e., Rakim). Artists in the mode of DeadPrez, Common, Mos Def, Kweli, etc. rhymes challenge listeners not to only appreciate the "art", but their music is thought provoking and provocative. Lil Wayne's songs do not empower the black race. His lyrics glorify the drug trade, guns, misogyny, and killing. In my eyes his oratorical skills are flawless, but his rhymes are lacking a substantive positive meaning.

Anonymous said...

I meant aren't different from when he first started.

Anonymous said...

His delivery is what makes him great.. the lyrics are pretty good but uh lupe fiasco is the muthafuckin truth son!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Denmark
I love Weezy, I do not like his content i like his delivery which are two different things

I also love Jay-Z but he wasn't acceptable until white folks said so..please

Plus "old" Jay-Z spoke about ignorant things as well, just like Weezy but Jay-z is a grown ass man damn near 40. I hope Weezy won't rap about the same things when he's 40.

I wish Weezy would put a little bit more postive stuff in his raps but he is one of my favorites

Malc said...

Damn!

He is really cool! the best rapper Alive! I do like him, and now he's over 18 his body really makes him super Rapper!

Lil Wayne Sexy Pics