Friday, October 15, 2010

The "Gay" Myth Starts To Unravel

So ... Paul Cameron Was Right
When most social scientists speak of homosexuality, they speak of sexual orientation and attractions with the understanding that homosexuality isn’t a choice.

This is true when it’s Focus on the Family, NARTH, and Exodus explaining homosexuality through the lens of modified Freudian theories.

This is also true when gay-affirming theorists promote a biological premise for homosexuality. The two sides rarely agree on anything, but at least they generally agree on this: Homosexuality is not a choice.

This is nonsense as far as Cameron is concerned.

Like most pro-hetrosexual activists, he dismisses outright the possibility that there might be a biological component to homosexuality. But unlike other anti-gay activists, he publicly scolds Dr. James Dobson and the entire anti-gay movement for promoting “the hocus-pocus of Freudian thought.” 

It turns out that in Cameron’s world there are only three causes of homosexuality: In FRI’s analysis, most of those who engage in homosexuality adopt these sexual activities and rebellious attitudes as a result of three kinds of experiences: (1) direct recruitment to homosexuality by seduction or molestation (particularly of the underage); (2) indirect recruitment via cultural institutions (e.g., the schools, media, churches) preaching that ‘homosexuality is another way to fulfillment and personal satisfaction;’ and (3) being around homosexuals as friends, acquaintances, or family members.

We would argue that these same mechanisms also account for most of those who take up smoking, drug abuse, or other common ‘bad habits.’

In Cameron’s world, homosexuality is not an orientation. It’s strictly about pleasure, a choice of entertainment: Homosexuality is particularly ‘sticky entertainment.’ Like drug addiction, it’s hard to break away from. But homosexuality transcends ‘sticky.’ It is so all-consuming that it tends to degrade the logic and character of those who indulge in it. …You have to be careful what entertainments you choose — what starts out as ‘fun,’ ‘interesting,’ or ‘a lark’ can end up controlling you. Societies have to be careful lest they aid and abet such foolishness.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

DV... did you check out that study about homosexual parents raising homosexual children.... and I do not mean a SLIGHTLY higher incidence in those raised by gay parents, we are talking about an increase of up to 500% in the incidence of homosexuality in people raised by gay parents, which speaks to point 3 raised in this post.

And just my own personal example. When I was in my late teens and early 20s I used to be what they call a "fag hag". All of my friends were gay men. Now, mind you, I had NEVER had any idea in my head of being with a woman. In fact, I was rather boy obsessed my whole life. But, by spending so much time with homosexuals, I was almost convinced that I was "bisexual" (which is an even bigger joke than homosexuality). Luckily, I got away from that environment BEFORE I was convinced I should try being a lesbian. I look back now and wonder how I ever even CONSIDERED it.Peer pressure is a bitch, and I think there is even more pressure by lesbians than by gay men to join that lifestyle (as evidenced by the fact that the study I pointed to found that lesbian parents often convinced their daughters to reject men outright, and over 50% of kids raised by lesbians ended up gay.

OMG said...

There is absolutely no study, or at least give some real references... Just amazing how you have no idea of what you are talking about. So easy, I can say exxactely the reverses, check that

DV... did you check out that study about homosexual parents raising heterosexual children.... and I do not mean a SLIGHTLY higher incidence in those raised by gay parents, we are talking about an increase of up to 500% in the incidence of heterosexuality in people raised by gay parents, which speaks against point 3 raised in this post.

No let me just laught...

Joanna said...

Um, yes there IS a study.. I provided the link in the comment section of another post, but here it is again. And here is the abstract of the study.

Seven Half Store said...

WOW DV. Dont know if you heard about this but you should check this out lol....

http://necolebitchie.com/2010/10/21/tyler-perry-opens-up-about-being-molested-abused-on-oprah/