Monday, August 24, 2009

What Is Black? Mike Fisher Don't Know. UBM Don't Know. Submariner Don't Know. CNu Think He Know. Gray Con Recognize It When He See It. KP Know.a

fist tap Kon Womyn
There is no such thing as race. The moment you play that game, you fall into psychological quicksand. The harder you struggle, the faster you drown.

So, your brotha is going to drop a rope down and give you a chance to pull yourself out.

Black is not a color.

Black is a crossover, baseline and clap boards.

Black is Denzel's walk.

Black is Bob Marley dancing to Get Up Stand UP.

Black is Claude McKay: "If we must die, let us die like men."

Black is your grandmother humming while rubbing Vicks on your chest when you are 6 years old and sick.

Black is "I'm going to kill this motherfucker if he puts his hands on me."

Black crossed the Atlantic in the bottom of slave ships and 300 years later pimped so hard, it dragged it's mink on the floor.

Black is why 100 million people, watch 10 brothas defy gravity on a court for 48 minutes, completely mesmerized, night after night.

Black is the audacity to build tombs in the shape of pyramids perfectly aligned with celestial objects, that last 5,000 years.

Black has the middle name "Hussein" and still moon-walks into a post 911 White House.

Aint no "system" Supreme to black.

There's some men who look like Leon Spinks aint a bit more black than Conan Obrien. There's some men look like Marlon Brando, blacker than James Brown.

I'm the blackest man in America.

16 comments:

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

You seem to have a fetish for this girl.

Denmark Vesey said...

LOL. Yeah. I guess. She is self-affirming.

Very black.

I like that.

Big Man said...

Well, she is fine...

Also, all of your examples came from people who are defined as black based on their skin color.

Anonymous said...

Is Teena Marie Black??

Unknown said...

Mandi.. you can't fetishise true beauty.

CNu said...

Is Teena Marie Black??

to tha bone....,

lincolnperry said...

Her family are creoles!

The Doc aka Kool-Aid, the Vampiyah Pimp said...

A'ight, guess I gotta be the hater.

There's something about Amber Rose that I just don't like. Something about the eyes-- she looks dead inside. She's gorgeous, yeah, but it's a fake sort of pretty.
She looks like a plastic doll.

Something about her aura just reads wrong to me. And i'm not usually the type to comment on celebrity relationships and all 'at bull'ish, but I look at her and all I see is succubus.

Denmark Vesey said...

Nah, nah nah Doc. You aint no hater.

Amber Rose aint Amber Rose cuz she cute.

Amber Rose is Amber Rose because Ambor Rose likes Amber Rose.

Finding someone who likes themselves is a treat.

That's what this whole blog is about.

Black people who like themselves.

Denmark Vesey said...

What up Linc?!

Tell me Bra.

What exactly is a "Creole"?

Aint that like calling somebody a Persian?

Or an Iraqi a Babylonian?

A cat from North Africa a Carthaginian?

Isn't that like calling someone from Berlin a Prussian?

Amber just looks .... American to me.

SimonGreedwell said...

"What is Black"?

"Black" is a word.

When applied to persons, it is a word which is used in speech and has at least two senses.

In the first sense, "black" is used as a linguistic descriptor for the purpose of identifying the distinguishing characteristics of an individual. This is the forensic sense.

In the second sense, the word is used to describe what is perceived as a "way of Being".

I have yet to see an instance where the word "Black" as applied to persons does not fit into either or these senses.

CNu said...

co-sign the Doc...,

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]Black crossed the Atlantic in the bottom of slave ships and 300 years later pimped so hard, it dragged it's mink on the floor.[/quote]

DV:

You are alright with me man.

You got me picturing this imagery of your words man and I don't smoke the blunts in my basement like KCNulan. (Or at least not any longer)

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]You seem to have a fetish for this girl.[/quote]

Would you prefer he look at Kanye West's azz instead?

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

HEH! NAW CF: I don't want to see Kanye Wests' ass anymore than I want to see Amber Rose's ass. I think she is pretty and have nothing negative to say bout her at all. But DV has posted quite a few pics of her on his blog. I'd never heard of her until I read this blog! ;)

The other issue is that I am not such a visual blogger. Sometimes, I think I should include more pictures and videos:)

Kells1977 said...

M. Rigmaiden makes a good point. Denmark Vesey is the most visual blogger I have ever encountered.