Thursday, June 28, 2007

What The Big J's, Mike Fisher's, Stanley Crouch's and Other Rap Haters Can't / Wont / Are Afraid to Understand

paul said...

I've heard a few tracks from TI's new album...peep these lyrics from "touchdown" Interesting perspective:


It's ironic how the shit we bumpin' make us psychotic/
Threat to corporate America, that's why they runnin' from it.

How could they be so ignorant? Look what hip hop has done/
It's the livest route of business. Legitimated our money.

Got us out of the ghettos and relocated our mommies/
I made it all the way here ain't no way you taking it from me.

So excuse me Oprah, honey, I'm sorry, really I promise/
But niggas, hos, bitches really exist, I'm just being honest.

For that I'm being punished. Why are you so astonished/
No I ain't got a degree just intelligence in abundance.

So you ain't got to like me. I know millions of folk who love me/
You can tell how they yellin' and screamin' and waitin' for me

when I touchdown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's good lyrics. I really can't comment on T.I. cuz I've never heard one of his songs.

Rappers aren't victims of anything. If they believe what they say, they are gonna have to fight for it just like me, you and everyone else.

Big J