Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BADDEST BITCH ON THE PLANET. BEYONCE REIGNS SUPREME AT THE BET AWARDS.

Every time I see this girl, I marvel at her amazing talent, relentless beauty, and over the top soulfulness. During this era of cult like celebrity gossip, Beyonce has managed to maintain her dignity and grace. Keep doin' what you doin' B.

Ciarra is cool. Great dancer. Can sing a little bit. But she aint no Beyonce. Here she is making it rain with Benjamins ... or are those Washingtons?

What's up with John Singleton looking like John Amos? How did he get that old that quick? Remember when he was Tyra's man? I knew he couldn't hold that down.

Mo'Nique ... was Mo'Nique. My Baltimore home girl is funny. She can be a little ghetto and she can stumble through the serious moments, but her heart and spirit are good. With that many black folks and that much ego in one spot, a calming energy was needed.

Grammy's are corny (even white folks don't want Country and Rock). Academy Awards are dull (How many Holocaust movies can get Oscar's). American Music Awards are ... whatever.

I couldn't help but notice the gratuitous and conspicuously corporate "SAVE DARFUR" bullshit rammed down the throats of black America last night. Who ever is sponsoring that propaganda has deep pockets. I'm surprised my man Don Cheadle is falling for it.

Quiet as it's kept. The BET Awards is the best award show with the best performances on television. Now it would be nice if BET was owned and operated by brothers instead of Murray Rothstein.

These Hip Hop cats have started their own labels and publishing companies, created clothing lines, financed films, marketed beverage companies and purchased NBA Teams. Who knows? Let's give these rap cats a couple of years, hopefully they will manage to do what Corporate Negros couldn't do - launch a real black television network.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was impressed with the show! I missed the first hour but managed to see the end of the Beyonce performance. Beyonce does get props. I'm glad (for many reasons) to see her doing her thing. But how about Kelly Rowland. I'ma a woman and still noted that she was giving B a run for her money last night.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and what about Wayne, Baby and Akon bringing their kids on the stage?! I liked it, IMO it was mature for reasons I cant really articulate... and of course the kids were all dolls.

robyn

Denmark Vesey said...

"Oh, and what about Wayne, Baby and Akon bringing their kids on the stage?! I liked it, IMO it was mature for reasons I cant really articulate... and of course the kids were all dolls." robyn

Exactly Robyn. That spoke louder than anything. Glad you noticed that.

That's why I support these rap cats. When it boils down to it, they have much more heart, soul, manliness and self-determination than these Metrasexual Corporate Negros not even sure they still like girls.

Anonymous said...

Beyonce got all her weight back and it looks BEAUTIFUL (not mention Badu looking thick and wonderful).

Anonymous said...

Hands down, BET has THEE best awards show.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Beyonce. MoNique did her thing! Weezy is my hero. Tha Carer III coming in '08!!!! I'm just trying to figure out how they had an award show without the hottest artist of the year performing (Wayne). Did i miss it?

how did Hudson win best new artist? Not hating, i like her a lot but don't think that award was appropriate for her just yet. Somebody shed some light.

Time to hate: Neyo. Wack! How did this cat win? His album is cool but he can't deliver a live performance and his range/vocals/dancing skills are mad limited. He should stick to writing/producing. Anybody feel me? Thicke shoulda got that.

Anonymous said...

Kalena, I feel you.

Does Jennifer Hudson have a whole album yet?

I think Thicke's loss was political.
Neyo's songs are catchy, but certainly not the best.

I'm kinda feelin' T-pain these days. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Ciara stole or shoulld i say inherited, Janet's market. She comes across feminine in her videos but not on the stage. I loved her performance last night though.

Oh, Keyshia Cole held it down too.

Badu is bee-yoo-tiful.

Denmark Vesey said...

Kalena,

You killed it. Dead on the money.

The show was callin' for a Weezy performance. Hudson best New Artist ... ummm ... safe pick. But she is going to have to sing another song besides "I'm not leavin'" to win me over completely.

Neyo has about as much flavor as a piece of gum chewed last week. He looks like he needs to be somewhere working as a paralegal instead of on stage.

Anonymous said...

wtf happened to 50????? Did he forget his lyrics???

Denmark Vesey said...

paul said...

wtf happened to 50????? Did he forget his lyrics???



Yeah. I ain't hip. I noticed that too. Read something about a "microphone problem".

Anonymous said...

ok...after seeing that beyonce performance and considering i love robin thick's music, I just purchased tickets to see her perform in Atlanta next month (she aint cheap). I'm going to surprise my girl who is probably beyonce's #1 fan.

Denmark Vesey said...

Go 'head Paul.

That's what I'm talking about Paul. Make your girl happy.

If you really want to get gangster, do it Denmark Vesey style - After Beyonce, hop on a plane to Vegas, and get married.

That will make her real happy.

Anonymous said...

very sweet paul!