Thursday, May 17, 2012

Brothas Gonna Work It Out II (This Glass of Herbal Infusion Has More Nutrition Than A Case of Gatorade and 10 Gallons of Orange Juice)

Anonymous D.Smith said...
Wow CNu...that's some good stuff, man. I hear you when you say you initially looked at what DV was suggesting as narcissistic and vain, especially when coupled with DMG's "40 dollar loaf of bread" comments.

But you got in time though. You figured it out through a want of achievement for your son. You didn't have to get to the point where you're laid up in a hospital bed somewhere. Or in my case, having to leave school to be there for my old man so I could help him put his shoes on and carry him around with half his colon missing.

All the while feeling mad, sad and straight confused, because family would refuse to acknowledge that his diet almost did him in; they still talking that "you was raised on this" nonsense fifteen years later. Truth is, I myself wasn't necessarily. And I don't have time to be trying to fit in with a bunch of folks getting fitted for pine boxes years too soon; family or not.

He's still kickin' though; I always thought my father was invincible when I was a kid. Know that's not the case at all now. But I have to strive to do better than him, and just like you, strive to make sure my son (and daughter) follows and does better than me.

Good job, brother.
HOW

13 comments:

Lola Gets said...

I wanna know whas in that effing glass!

Denmark Vesey said...

Ha!

Sista LowLaaaaaa!

Long time.

What's in that glass?

That's a hell of a question.

Average cats assume it's a beverage.

To me ...

it's a glass of God.

chanstay said...

I would really like to know what it is.

chanstay said...

I would really like to know what it is.

Anonymous said...

Nette???

Denmark Vesey said...

Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)

• builds energy
• strengthens the adrenals,
• restores youthful flexibility to blood vessels

A cup of nettle infusion contains 500 milligrams of calcium (The Plantation claims 1 cup of cow's milk contains 300 milligrams of calcium. They don't tell you about the estrone sulfate, growth hormones and puss)

Plus nettle has copious amounts of magnesium, potassium, silicon, boron, and zinc.

It is also an excellent source of vitamins A, D, E, and K.

For flexible bones, a healthy heart, thick hair, beautiful creamy brown skin, and lots of energy, add stinging nettle to your game.

CNu said...

Where you get it?

What form you get it in? (fresh, dried, extracted)

How do you prepare it? (if it doesn't come in a sweetened concentrate that you add to water - I was reading that this is a traditional way of extracting and preserving the goodness)

CNu said...

So I'm looking high and low hereabouts and can't find anything remotely approaching those dried herbs being infused. Is that a nettle based tea, or just pure-dee-pure nettle surrenduring its riches up like a tea?

All I can find is capsules, tried natures market, planters, gnc, fitna try the vitamin shoppe. I would love to get some seeds and plant some of that, as well.

nicki nicki tembo said...

CNu, might try the new herb store that replaced House of Hezekiah on 43rd & Main, or the health market that sits adjacent to it...

CNu said...

I called them first thing and they had capsules and teas - so I tried the new vitamin shoppe in brookside and they had nettle herbal concentrate.

Whole foods even let me down and trader joes was a non-starter too. Brought that nettle liquid concentrate home and me and the boy took two days worth of it just about 15 minutes ago after playing a couple sets at Edgevale.

Anonymous said...

CNu,

Check out Mountain Rose Herbs online. Best selection of herbs!!

I can e-mail you the directions on preparing the infusion.

Dina

CNu said...

awwwwwwwww SNAP!!!!!

Phenix House of Herbs 43rd and Main (formerly house of hezekiah) had nice fresh herbiage and I got me 8 ounces for $8.00. (WHICH IS A BIG-ASSED BAG F'REAL!)

Thank you Nicki Nicki Tembo.

Got a big clump of it steeping in piping hot water right this very minute according to proportions and timing detailed in II Instructions. Yeah Boieeee!!!!!

Thank you Dina.

Sistahs gonna work it out!

Accept no substitutes....,

{I been running since 6:00am on 8 ounces of chia gel with another 2 day dose of nettle concentrate mixed in for experimental purposes)

There's NO WAY/NO HOW that concentrate could be anywhere near as skrong as this here nettle infusion which is dark and intense just 10 minutes into steeping.

CNu said...

Soaked two teaspoons of chia seeds in the infusion to swell them on infusion. Drank it 15 minutes ago - and feel it sharper and stronger than any cup of coffee I've ever drunk.

That the foods you've advocated for are strong enough to feel them instantly makes a world of difference.

Giving people something they can feel is strongly motivating.