Friday, August 12, 2011

"The Help" - The Original

The Global System of Black Supremacy
.
Agüeybaná said...
I was playing pool with a guy in Brazil today. I usually consider myself good, but the pockets here are smaller and they have different rules. Add that to the fact that my portuguese is a solid 3.5/10 and I'm a little frustrated... Add that to the fact that this brotha has two of his balls blocking the two closest pockets to mine and I'm getting a little heated. I recall thinking "I'd be good if this clown would just get those two balls out of my way." Some inner voice thought it would be fair and proper for the sake of the game that he free up the two pockets he was blocking. As each of his turns passed he didn't even look at the two blocked pockets, and it took me until the third time he shot to stop hoping he would do so... I thought, "why would I expect him to help me if we're in competition against each other (I cant find question marks on this keyboard).

Then I caught the metaphor... Learned helplessness and/or the "plantation negro mindset" is so deep that it followed me all the way to South America into a friendly game of pool to remind me that I must resist.. even on vacation.

I think I'm intelligent, like everyone else who shares on this blog. We get to diagnosing the problems of black america, who's a plantation negro, etc... and we forget that it's in all of us. If you're cringing at the thought, good. You should be...
 Denmark Vesey said ...
Um.

Um. 

Well.

I don't know about that one bra.  Some of us quite Plantation Negro free.

6 comments:

the good nurse said...

this is so spiritual...my soul smiles.

Amarie said...

LOL, i love it.

uglyblackjohn said...

25th Dynasty?

Sargon said...

Hope U are not saying only the Nubians are black?

Acually this is from the 11th Dynasty of Pharaoh Mentuhotep.

Her name is Kemsit which is mistranslated as the black lady--when her proper name is Lady Black!

uglyblackjohn said...

@ Sargon - Who me? It was a question but thanks for the scoop.

Agüeybaná said...

I suppose this is where I try to convince you it's in you as well...

It was Father's day out here today, so Feliz Dia dos Pais.