Wednesday, September 29, 2010

If 1 Million Brothas and 1 Million Sistas Don't Get Diabetes ... In 25 Years Black People Would Be The Most Powerful People In The Nation

Dr. Love said...
I personally have been the "guinea pig" for the DV health message, replacing "cooked meals with more raw foods, in the form of smoothies, salad concoctions,but basically not struggling with trying to read the boxes and packages for their contents and the results have been (combined with exercise techniques yoga, dancing, limited weight training, walking, and percussion practicing,"mind blowing". Researching healthy alternatives for prevention rather than focusing on treatments has resulted in "natural energy", positive focus,thought clarity, and physical strength and flexibility. The "challenge" is to get the youth and seniors to challenge themselves to a healthier lifestyle rather than some diet fad or quick meal or drug alternatives that lead to a host of problems. The public schools for years have made the health curriculum seem like something to do at the end of the school year and emphasized with least importance. Elijah Muhammed and the Muslim community has never gotten the credit for encouraging healthy eating but a mountain of lies can be used to bury the truth but when that truth eventually surfaces the lies will crumble. DV is school....GET THE WORD OUT...Does anyone have some recipes to share???



Cheir said...
I homeschool so it's easy for me to keep my daughter away from all the junk the school system feeds to children through food and disinformation. 
We eat a minimum of 50% raw food, no meat, no dairy, and no processed foods. We rarely get sick and and if we do we avoid pharmaceuticals. When I approach friends and family about changing their lifestyle habits, they always have a new excuse why they can't right now. I wish I could make them see that they are actually sacrificing their health, time, spirituality, intelligence and joy living the typical american way.

2 comments:

Cheir Harmonie said...

I homeschool so it's easy for me to keep my daughter away from all the junk the school system feeds to children through food and disinformation. We eat a minimum of 50% raw food, no meat, no dairy, and no processed foods. We rarely get sick and and if we do we avoid pharmaceuticals. When I approach friends and family about changing their lifestyle habits, they always have a new excuse why they can't right now. I wish I could make them see that they are actually sacrificing their health, time, spirituality, intelligence and joy living the typical american way.

Her Side said...

This post reminds me of a news bit regarding Michelle Obama's push to improve school lunches. Her efforts apparently hit a roadblock since funding would come from the Food Stamps account. WTH? Anyway...

If I remember correctly, the documentary SuperSize Me concluded that improving school lunches (natural, unprocessed, organic foods with more fresh veggie choices) didn't change the cost very much but produced remarkable health results for the students.

If that's the case, why isn't improving school lunches a no-brainer? For some children, the school lunch could become the only healthy meal they get all day.

Don't get me wrong... I believe parent's are responsible for their child's health... but the school shouldn't add harm in that equation.

I hope to return to this subject with some research in hand...