Wednesday, April 21, 2010

you know, one thing I've always been proud of about this spot is that anything goes. Freedom of ideas. Express yourself. Acknowledge the obvious. Exchange ideas unencumbered by Plantation indoctrination. No group identity victim politics. No corporate "sensitivity training". No artificial hindrance. No pressures to conform. If my spot was a basketball game this is where the best cats come to ball. We don't run set plays. The game at this spot is equal part sport equal part art. Where they crossover and clap boards. A spot where you catch intellectual bounce passes and brothers test theories by taking them to the hole. If your meme is weak it gets pinned. If your meme is tight - bucket And 1. A spot where the ref doesn't blow the whistle. hold your own. Like cream, the most powerful and imaginative memes rise to the top. Truth is self-evident.

The only rule: don't dish out what you can't take.

but. inevitably. when 'anything goes', things go too far and you get an unfortunate experience like the one we had here last week. So I apologize to all my brothers and sisters who may have been offended by some of the exchanges on this blog. I take responsibility for that. Not only did I not cool it out. I made it worse. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I love my brothers and respect them. Don't know them personally and wish them well.

9 comments:

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

Fair enough. What exchanges are you talking about DV?

Big Man said...

Forget all that.

You need to look at this video.

Everybody needs to look at this video.

http://ow.ly/178SMs

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

Sheeeeeeeiiiit Big Man! Thanks. She is inspiring!

Anonymous said...

no apologies necessary DV. it was deep

KonWomyn said...

Humility and Heart maketh a man. I hope everyone who needs to read this, does. And I hope you remember these words when things get heated.

...much love

Unknown said...

I guess I missed it....

makheru bradley said...

DV, what are you referring to?

Denmark Vesey said...

Referring to the back and forth between me and a couple of brothers. The language often drifted towards what cats might say to each other in a locker room or the back of a team bus.

In retrospect I hate speaking like that in front of sistas. If we were all together, I wouldn't do that. Hate to see it done on the blog.

Denmark Vesey said...

Thank you Kay Dub. Much love.