Monday, May 28, 2012

6) PUT NOTHING ON YOUR SKIN ... THAT YOU WOULDN'T PUT IN YOUR MOUTH



Chemicals absorbed through the skin reach the bloodstream before chemicals filtered through the digestive system. The skin is the body's largest organ and absorbs toxins like a sponge. You get more chlorine into your system taking a hot urban shower than you do from drinking a glass of tap water.

Vaseline (petroleum jelly) is derived from petroleum. Crude oil. Same shit that runs your car. Petroleum is toxic to humans. Nearly all Supermarket Grade Beauty Aids, from the shower gels to the coco butter oil we lathered up with as children, are nothing but detergents, perfumed petroleum and artificial colors.
One of the best skin and hair moisturizers in the world is raw cold-pressed, organic extra-virgin coconut oil.

Let me say that one more time: Raw cold-pressed, organic extra-virgin coconut oil.

Raw coconut oil is unrefined and hasn't been stripped of any of its important nutrients. Antiseptic fatty acids help it to prevent fungal and bacterial infections in the skin when it is consumed and when it is applied directly to the skin.

The Rolls Royce Phantom of healthy oils. (Shea is the Maybach. Flax is the Escalade. Vaseline is the hooptie with bald tires and bad brakes.) Taken internally and externally this is a natural product that can change your life.
The good nurse said...
i have been screaming this for years! i use nothing but 100% shea and 100% unrefined coconut oils on my hair and skin. my skin glows and my hair shines (even in it's loc'd state). i am 45 yo and wrinkle free...no brag, just fact.
tgn

9 comments:

Amarie said...

Thanks for this info Mr. Vesey. I'm usually just a lurker but I had to comment. Great blog too.

Denmark Vesey said...

Thank you Amarie. Appreciate that.
Welcome to the spot.

I often wonder what the lurkers think. I'm sure it often looks like a domestic dispute up in here. (Hell, if I just came up on this blog, I probably wouldn't say nothin' for a minute either.)

Amarie said...

Lol, it can get very heated in here so I just keep quiet and watch the fire works. Since I came out of lurk mode, I'll try and add my 2 cents on a post every now and then. Thanks for the welcome.

Agüeybaná said...

DV @ Co,

I tried to go on a raw food diet back when I ran track in college and almost passed out during warmups that entire week. I had no energy. In hindsight, I chalk that up to eating the bs "vegetarian" food the main cafe had to offer.

Soooo...I decided to start on the raw path again today.

I still play in 2 hoops leagues and ball with the varsity team I coach at least 1-2 times a week. I already regularly eat raw fruits and veggies and they always seem to burn through me quickly, leaving me feeling empty and slightly weak after hard workouts.

Chicken/fish/lamb combined w/ those fruits and veggies, on the other hand, do give me the energy I need.

What foods do you recommend that can give me the energy to keep up for 3 hours w/ quick teenagers in a hot ass gym with no ac?

What natural foods will help my endeavors in the weight room after I hoop?

Drop some books on ya boy.

Dermitologist said...

Never put the things you put in your mouth on your skin, DV.

the good nurse said...

i have been screaming this for years! i use nothing but 100% shea and 100% unrefined coconut oils on my hair and skin. my skin glows and my hair shines (even in it's loc'd state). i am 45 yo and wrinkle free...no brag, just fact.
tgn

the good nurse said...

bruh dv!
i need your influence with chef ahki....want to have her be a part of our annual health fair at work..need her balance and holistic perspective! are you able to assist?
tgn

Denmark Vesey said...

Sissssstuh Nurse!

You got it!

the good nurse said...

GRATITUDE ABOUNDS!