Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If Everyone In This Country Dealt With Their Doctors The Way DMG Has Been Dealt With Here, We Would Be A Much Healthier People

Smile said...

DMG, what's with the slap fest? Why are you a doctor? These questions don't necessarily need an answer. They absolutely are not meant to challenge you, your expertise, or your degree.

I do find your lack of 'bedside manners' in contrast to any of the doctors I've had access to. Even the one I fired simply because he accused me of over reacting due my having never been sick. IMO, one doesn't always go to their doctor because they're 'sick' but for help in with efforts in taking care of themselves.

I've never heard a doctor respond even once with, I don't care or give a shit. I've never once heard a doc get so angry at his information being rejected/ misunderstood/whatever by responding with stories of chest thumping, morgue sending, you gonna die if you don't f'ing choke this down hyperbole.

Now you add your attack on my doctor and we have a case of your truly not knowing whatcher talkin' 'bout.

The WHO has explained that further effectiveness and safety testing will have to be done after administration because there isn't time prior due to the need to rush to make the vaccines available. I can understand that. What I don't understand is the hoopla that arises if vitamin pushers even suggest something.

At best, all the drama leaves one bewildered.

5 comments:

DMG said...

Smile,

I'm not at the bedside. And I've had misinformed folks wanting to take this herb or that supplement instead of what I've prescribed, or get accupuncture for what turned out to be a rapidly growing ovarian tumor. I explain to them in detail what's going on in their body, if they don't want to follow my advice I give them the option of hitting the door.

I don't have time for debates like this in the hospital. There are others who need my services and I'm more than happy to provide them. So I don't have a "bedside" manner here, because you all aren't my patients.

Oh, do you want to discuss healthcare policy now? I'm more than ready to do that too. Let's go.

"What I don't understand is the hoopla that arises if vitamin pushers even suggest something."

Pushers is the operative word. They are pushing a product rather than caring for someones health. The vitamin dealer doesn't have to take responsibility because somewhere in the fine print there's a buyer beware that usually goes something like this:

"These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

So when Mother White ends up gasping her last breaths on a respirator with novel H1N1 viral pneumonitis, her vitamin pimp is counting his profit not giving a fuck....cause he "never" said vitamins would protect her from swine flu....when that's exactly what he said.

And don't care about your doctor. Let him sell real estate if he doesn't like his job.

Intellectual Insurgent said...

How is that any different than the vaccine pushers who are legally exempted from lawsuits for any damages related to their toxic products; who charge the consumer of their product a special tax that goes into a fund from which those who are willing to fight for 10 years might get recompense for their anguish?

I know a woman whose 16-year-old daughter was damaged by the DPT shot when the girl was 1 or 2 years old. That teenager can't talk, can barely walk and basically drools on herself all day. It took her mother eight years to fight to get enough money for, basically, babysitting. An the mother wonders what will happen when her and her husband are no longer around to care for her daughter.

What incentive do the vaccine pushers have to provide safe products since they can't be sued?

DMG said...

"What incentive do the vaccine pushers have to provide safe products since they can't be sued?"

Who would be their future customers if the vaccines killed their current customers off? Thought they taught critical thinking in law school?

DMG said...

Vitamin pushers attempt to profit off "placebo". Most people will merely piss their money down the toilet (almost literally). Some will follow this advice and have a severe illness based on bad advice.

Intellectual Insurgent said...

nothing you've written about the vitamin pushers is any different than the pharma-vaccine pushers. Except for one critical point - the vitamin pushers aren't legally immune from lawsuits related to their products.

Who would be their future customers if the vaccines killed their current customers off?

Who said kill? Yet another straw man you create to avoid answering the question. I wrote about a girl who was permanently injured. There are lots just like her.

So, let's ask the simple question yet again - What incentive does a company have to improve its products if it can't be sued?