Monday, August 18, 2008

What's Black In Atlanta, Stays Black In Atlanta

"That's Usher's wine bar ..."
"Remember that cat, went to Howard, used to mess with Darcy Davis? He developed that apartment complex on your right".
"That's Ludacris' restaurant right there..."
"My boy owns both those night clubs ..."
"A young brother owns Chow Baby. He's about to open a spot across the street."
"To hell with Starbucks. I'm taking you to this black owned coffee shop. You gonna love it."

Brothers seem to be doing their thing in Atlanta- development, restaurants, clubs, car dealerships. Illusion or is the "Global System of White Supremacy" losing it's grip on the ATL?

3 comments:

Big Man said...

DV

You went to Howard? What year did you graduate?

Anonymous said...

It's lost its grip, last March when I was out there I saw the same thing. Old Potna from the house, J-Mac, showed me newly developed areas that his company worked on. His quite was that he was destroying our college memories, but the boy had to make his money. Mrs. Winners - Gone!, Galaxy - Gone! '93 til Infinity.

Anonymous said...

On my way back from MSFT I saw that in an ATL airport