Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Barack Obama Is The New Bob Marley

I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side.

I've been here before and will come again.

If you get down and quarrel everyday, you're saying prayers to the devil, I say.

Man is a universe within himself.

Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all.

My future is righteousness.

My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.

My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.

People want to listen to a message, word from Jah. This could be passed through me or anybody. I am not a leader. Messenger.words of the songs, not the person, is what attracts people.

9 comments:

J.C. said...

D.V.
You are a religious crank.

Denmark Vesey said...

Skip, you are a frightened spiritually bankrupt, Secular Jihadist.

G M said...

"I don't stand for the black man's side"

I'm sure Wright would agree with that.

"I don't stand for the white man's side"

Not sure Palestinians would agree with that.

"I stand for God's side"

Not sure God would agree with that.

Denmark Vesey said...

Byrd, agreement is overrated.

Actions speak louder than words.

So, we'll see.

Anonymous said...

DV, What song is that?

Denmark Vesey said...

Soteria!!

Where you been?

Damn, I haven't seen you since that post on "Infidelity".

That's not from a song. These are just a collection of quotes from Bob.

Anonymous said...

Hi DV,
Been on that grind! Glad to see I was missed!
:)

I have been checking in on you from time to time... you always provide quality food for the brain...loves it!

Anonymous said...

Denmark, from where I'm coming from, Obama is more the NEW WORLD ORDER than the "New Bob Marley".
Do read this:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wood/patrick32.htm

Anonymous said...

There is a Hindu story where 5 children were murdered by a King in order to maintain power its from the stories of Mahabharata. Hindus believe it is the Khali Yuga right now meaning Dark Age or Black Age, and there is a prophecy that these 5 children will be born again. They will be symbolic because they will help the oppressed overcome the oppressor and the Khali Yuga will come to and end. They will look alike and the whole world will listen to their message and put all discriminations aside when it comes to these particular 5. I always thought its interesting that Bob Marley has been embraced by the world, and now so has Barack Obama, and personally I do see a resemblence in their features. What do you think?