Monday, January 28, 2008

Caroline Kennedy Endorses Barack Obama For President


"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them," she wrote. "But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president - not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans."


Paul
said ...
"DV, I know you don't want to admit it, but I'm glad you jumped on the Obama bandwagon."



Denmark Vesey
said ...
Young Brotha Paul,

Don't mistake the acknowledgment of Barack Obama's tremendous human appeal as an endorsement of his political aspirations.

The perfect storm that is his intellect, soul and courage have yet to counterbalance the evil triplets of his parroted US Foreign Policy, Universal Health-Care charade, and promise to continue the "war on terror'.

90% of us vote for personalities. As our nation tinkers on collapse, I think it irresponsible, conformist and slave like, to not vote issues and policy.

Were Obama to champion 1/2 the policies and address 1/4 the issues of Ron Paul, I'd be in Florida tonight ringing doorbells.

11 comments:

CNu said...

Sen. Edward Kennedy endorse Obama too. The Billary comparison with Jesse Jackson was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Things may get interesting in the democrat party after all....,

Anonymous said...

I read her editorial yesterday.

paul said...

DV, I know you don't want to admit it, but I'm glad you jumped on the Obama bandwagon.

I think he has a great chance of winning the Presidency. I know white ulta-conservative republicans who say they'll vote for him considering the republican candidates.

Anonymous said...

That's one hellavu statement. It would take a lot for me to compare someone to my father.

Submariner said...

I'm in the middle of watching the superannuated Ted Kennedy deliver his endorsement of Obama. Teddy is long-winded and dissipating energy from the crowd. Also the insertion of praise for Clinton and Edwards seems more like a calculated hedge. I'll take it but Caroline's endorsement in print and onstage was much more exhilarating.

Denmark Vesey said...

Why Cnu,

That's a surprisingly hoi polloi sentiment coming from a cat like you.

You don't think this reality TV show we call an "election", is not just some grand experiment in dopamine redistribution?

CNu said...

sentiment, moi?

DV, you madcap..,

You know as well as I do that this is the theatre of the absurd. That said, it's interesting within the party for the reasons discussed by my elders and betters here.

Anonymous said...

DV,

Most leaders are "personalities," aren't they?

Denmark Vesey said...

Big J,

Are you voting for a leader or a President?

If Barack wins, will he be your leader? Is George Bush your leader now? Was Clinton your leader 10 years ago?

The government is out of control.

We don't need a new governor. We need less government.

Ron Paul 08

Anonymous said...

http://sugarnspice.typepad.com/sugar_n_spicea_meeting_pl/2008/01/sc-primary-raci.html

peep this...

Intellectual Insurgent said...

The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap.

Ayn Rand