Monday, October 22, 2007

Prodigy: "They Wanted Me To Plant Drugs and Guns In Fifty's Car"

Sunday - October 21, 2007

"I had to cop out to 3 1/2," Prodigy said during the interview. "It's serious right now. The hip hop cops, they all over us son. They took my bullet-proof truck, they found a lil hammer in my car, so know I gotta do a lil' 3 1/2.

"I got a long record, but I beat all my cases because they were all illegal searches and this was an illegal search too, but the cops got on the stand [and] they was lying and all kinds of stuff ," he continued. "I was facing 15 years, so through the cops lying and the judge and the DA (District Attorney), I had to cop out. There was no way for me to win."

Prodigy sent out some kind words to T.I., who was recently set up by his bodyguard in a sting by ATF Agent (see "T.I. Arrested, Home Raided By Feds In Atlanta "). The Mobb Deep rapper said he understands what T.I. is going through and has seen it first hand -- when cops tried to get him to set up 50 Cent, the head of his label.

"Much love to T.I. and his whole family. There is no telling what's going on right now,' Prodigy said. "I've seen it first hand for myself that the cops is lying. When they locked me up they tried to get me to set up 50 Cent. They wanted me to plant drugs and guns in his car. I was like 'Hell no, I ain't doing that.' They told me if I plant stuff in his car, they would let me walk."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems probable to me! Rappers are under the scope. It's not that what they say is so revolutionary; it's just that the powers that be don't want anyone but themselves influencing society.

Where's my hat tip, Cuz?

Michael Fisher said...

"When they locked me up they tried to get me to set up 50 Cent."

White folks giveth and white folks taketh away.

Denmark Vesey said...

The State Of . . . said...
"It's not that what they say is so revolutionary;"

How would you know?

Nas

"I'm confronting the justice, expressing my voice to the public

They got to free some brothas or we kidnap the judges

They got to free some sistas or we kidnap the judges

They got to beat the system that's enslaving the poor"



Big J, name a place, anyplace that hosts revolutionary ideas more so than does Hip Hop.

I'll guarantee you Hip Hop has produced more revolutionaries than has Morehouse or Howard.

They produce employees.

Anonymous said...

Sure, Nas is one of the exceptional rappers. I love Nas.
A few months ago, you were calling him a plantation negro.

FYI, I've been listening to more hip hop lately - trying not to get old and trying to understand your points. I'm still not sold.

Anonymous said...

Have yall noticed that hip hop is starting to embrace marriage and family? Perhaps a new era is begining.

See Fobolous and Neyo
"I'm a movement by myself, but I'm a force when were together...you make me better"

See Outkast on UGK's International Playa's Anthem
"So, I typed a text to a girl I used to see. Sayin that I chose this cutie pie with whom I wanna be
And I apologize if this message gets you down
Then I CC'd every girl that I'd see see round town and
I hate to see y'all frown but I'd rather see her smiling
Wetness all around me, true, but I'm no island
Peninsula maybe, makes no sense I know, crazy
Give up all this pussy cat thats in my lap no lookin back
Spaceships dont come equipped with rearview mirrors
They dip as quick as they can
The atmosphere is now ripped
Im so like a Pip, Im glad its night
So the light from the sun would not burn me on my bum
When I shoot the moon high, jump the broom
Like a premie out the womb
My partner yellin "Too soon! Dont do it! Reconsider!
Read some litera - ture on the subject
You sure? Fuck it
You know we got your back like chiroprac - tic
If that bitch do you dirty
we'll wipe her ass out as in detergent
International Players Anthem Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com
Now hurry hurry, go on to the altar
I know you aint a pimp but pimp remember what I taught ya
Keep your heart 3 stacks, keep your heart
Aye, keep your heart 3 stacks, keep your heart
Man, these girls is smart, 3 stacks, these girls is smart
Play your part
Play your part"