Tuesday, May 22, 2007

POST OF THE WEEK

Young Brotha Got Heart

My man completely misunderstood my my use of Tupac as a reference point, but he makes some damn good points of his own. And he is far from a hater. Big ups.

paul said...

ha ha....jealous hyenas? I guess you inferred the hyena part from the fact that what you said was real funny. I don't know where you got the jealous part because I'm far from a rap hater. I grew up on rap. 75% of what I listen to TODAY is rap. It's not a personal attack on 50. I'm happy for any brother that can turn a negative (getting locked up for selling drugs) into a positive (successful business owner). He broke the cycle of poverty. Hell, his mother was a drug dealer and was murdered. That's not the way we need to go. I'm proud of my brothers: 50, Jay-Z, TI, Biggie, Snoop, Young Jeezy and Young Buck. All were former drug dealers and are now making legal money. That's a few less brothers we have to worry about loosing to legal slavery being caged like an animal for the love and need of a quick buck. I applaud that.

I just want more diversity in rap MSM. Unfortunately and sadly rap MSM is helping to influence an entire generation of young Black males and it's having a negative affect. DV, you amaze me by praising how powerful rap is but failing to realize the powerful negative impact it's having on our youth. I love my community and I don't like the direction it's headed. You say all the present leaders are plantation negroes loving massa. I just think it would be great (considering how powerful rap is) to have a present day Black leader/rapper who was not a plantation negro. Say what you want about Pac, but you can't say he was a plantation negro. Pac was becoming a revolutionary leader. Pac was just starting to see the light when he was assassinated at the young age of 25. Pac was playing chess to get the masses of people to listen to him. His message was just to starting to get out there.

DV said Tupac shot off-duty Atlanta cops....Hell yea!!!! he was packing (which is our constitutional right) and was sick of the police brutality and harassment that has plagued young Blacks. He "beat the charges" because he was defending an innocent motorist against two drunk crooked cops who were armed with stolen guns from an evidence locker.

DV said "15 years ago Tupac appeared on MTV ... high." Who cares? I think it's BS that alcohol and cigs are legal but not marijuana. It's political. We all know the gov't doesn't give a shit about our health. I'm all for legalizing marijuana. Robyn check this pic out...ha ha

http://thumbsnap.com/v/kdeowprL.jpg

Before you judge and humorously try to compare Pac with 50 and label me a hypocrite, study and analyze Pac's movement called "Thug Life."

"Thug Life became a calling card for how Shakur viewed his influence on society. He had people from all walks of life -- criminals in jail and poor black kids in the ghetto -- wanting to know how they could be a part of his movement. Shakur admitted this sudden power he had over people frightened him. But he used the idea of Thug Life to transform the desires of these people into something he viewed as positive, a way to reach out to the poor, the disenfranchised, and the oppressed."

Wow...he was just starting to realize the power Hip Hop gave him! Sorry, 50 is no Pac.

May 22, 2007 5:01:00 PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn paul, excellent post! i get goose bumps when smart black folks "do" their thing as you just did. i peeped that pic too.