Friday, April 27, 2007

Since They Don't Teach Garvey In Integrated Schools ...


Hip Hop Before Hip Hop Was Cool

God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always that great law. Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement.

I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.

I regard the Klan, the Anglo-Saxon clubs and White American societies, as far as the Negro is concerned, as better friends of the race than all other groups of hypocritical whites put together.

Look to Africa, for there a king will be crowned.

Men who are in earnest are not afraid of consequences.

One God! One aim! One destiny!

Our success educationally, industrially and politically is based upon the protection of a nation founded by ourselves. And the nation can be nowhere else but in Africa.

Progress is the attraction that moves humanity.
Marcus Garvey

The Black skin is not a badge of shame, but rather a glorious symbol of national greatness.

The God in whom we believe, we shall worship him through the spectacles of Ethiopia.

The whole world is run on bluff.

There shall be no solution to this race problem until you, yourselves, strike the blow for liberty.

Unite all people of African ancestry of the world to one great body to establish a country and absolute government of their own.

Up, you mighty race, accomplish what you will.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the Black pride but not back to Africa propaganda. Look at Liberia..."land of the free" and manifested dream of Mr. Garvey...no thanks...We built this country...slaved for this country and have every right to claim it as ours just like whites have done. I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to fight for my natural born rights and do whatever I can to enlighten and uplift my people right here.

Anonymous said...

"Up, you mighty race, accomplish what you will."

My Dad had a painting of Garvey with that quote on it. I grew up looking at that quote everyday.

Garvey was a genuis. A little crazy, but certainly a genuis.

As far as moving back to Africa, I don't know if my life will be complete if I don't at least LIVE in Africa for some extended time period.

Big J

Denmark Vesey said...

Big J,

Your pops is hipper than you ;-) I fully expect you to live in Arica. You are one of the few cats I know free enough to pull that off.

Paul,

I think the "Back To Africa" portion of Garvey's philosophy has been misunderstood over the years.

I think he saw a potential relationship between Africa and African Americans much like the relationship American Jews have with Israel.

Look what that's done for them.

Eighty years after they discredited Garvey (Much the way they are going after Hip Hop today) we still wrestling with the word "Nigga".

Anonymous said...

Well like I said...Look at Liberia...that obviously didn't happen.

DV said..."I think he saw a potential relationship between Africa and African Americans much like the relationship American Jews have with Israel."

This is off topic but being an American...I think the relationship America (influence by politicians wanting the Jew vote and the fact that Jews are wealthy contributors and puppet string operators) has with Israel is crazy. American Jews are the only reason this country continues to donate billions and billions to the charity case called Isreal. I'm sick of my hard earned tax dollars being given away to another country. These politicians policy of save the world (and not put focus to this countries problems) is wrong, egotistical (forcing your beliefs on other people..i.e. iraq) and unconstitutional. No where in the constitution does it say our gov't should fund charity cases. Our tax dollars should be used to run this government. It's up to us personally to decide what charity we contribute to and to do it with our own money. It shouldn't be choice for our gov't to decide what charities to support. "It's not theirs to give." And I don't want to hear the argument that their an ally. Whatever...our soldiers don't fight beside theirs and their soldiers don't fight beside ours. We don't even have any bases in Israel...All we do is donate billions to that charity case.

Denmark Vesey said...

Paul,

Brother. You are not off topic. You are on topic, on time, at home and on point.

Big ups for that.

Funny thing is your average Hip Hop cat is much more aware of the hijacking our our nation by the Israel Lobby et al., than is the Oprah Winfrey, "I hate Hip Hop" audience.

Which is why I am very suspicious of this latest surge to defame it.

They are not attacking Hip Hop, the plan is to demonize those that listen to Hip Hop. Make them appear fringe and extreme.

Soon the only acceptable black people in America will be Oprah Winfrey, Stanley Crouch and Harold Ford Jr.