Monday, April 30, 2007

Common Says Sorry To Duke Team

Remember that freestyle Cam'ron did about the Duke Lacrosse team? Well, he's issued a full apology for his remarks that were made off the top of his dome.

“I want to say first of all that I apologize for accusing people wrong that didn’t do it. I just felt like, ‘That’s my sister,’ so I felt emotional about it, and I guess I did what a lot of people do to other people, to convict them or consider them guilty before we even know the truth,” the rapper to The Raleigh News and Observer.

I don't feel Common on this one. #1 Just because a woman is black, doesn't make her my sister and does not warrant my automatic, knee-jerk, put my life on the line, defense. My sister? Act like it. Which does not mean selling pussy to white Frat boys and then claiming rape when shit goes sideways. The credibility of real sisters, victimized by rapists has been permanently damaged. Not to mention the hundreds, perhaps thousands of young brothers locked in cages in the For Profit Prison system because some other ... "sister" ... lied about being raped.

#2 I didn't feel them Handkerchief Head Civil Rights Negros, giving speeches in front of the frat house in front of TV Cameras, wearing those buster ass Zoot Suits, and organizing midnight marches. Had the sisters accused young brothers of raping them, those racial ambulance chasers would have never even shown up. It sends the wrong message.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree in total.

Big J

Michael Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

She shamed us all.

nikki said...

now THIS i can get with. i don't mind him apologizing. i DO mind him embracing her just cuz she was black before knowing the facts. and i don't agree with robyn. i don't think she shamed us all. she shamed herself. i ain't shamed cuz of what she did cuz it don't have jack to do with me. i've still got my integrity.

however, she DOES make it more difficult for rape victims to be taken more seriously. it's already difficult to even get a woman to admit to being raped (i know i didn't tell). now it's doubly difficult cuz of her lying on the national stage.