Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Men And Earrings

At the risk of being labeled a "homophobe" (the new anti-Semite), I must admit the notion of men wearing earrings is inherently foreign to me.

Yes, yes of course I was raised by homophobic barbarians who taught me to "hate" homosexuals before I learned to talk. However, I am hoping one my enlightened friends from cyberspace can share some insight on this strange yet growing phenomena that might save me before I am forced into psychiatric treatment for my homophobia.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it depends on the guy. ed bradley, for instance, could rock an earring.

Denmark Vesey said...

Umm. Good point. Ed was my man.

Anonymous said...

Tasteful diamonds on (black) men are sexy. Add a nice outfit and shoes and the you have a good look. Note: only Eddie's earring (pictured) is tasteful (but too bad b/c he aint sexy).

Anonymous said...

Vesey where in the hell have you been?

This has been a recurring fad since when the 80's?

LOL

Denmark Vesey said...

Yes. Very true Roderick. This is a recurring fad since the 80's.

Men carrying clutch purses has been a fad off and on too.

I don't get that either.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying anything is wrong with it, or that it is in anyway gay.

I'm just saying putting an earring in my ear is as foreign to me as putting a ribbon in my hair.

Do you wear an earring Brother Rod?